Albus quote

"It doesn't do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
-Albus Dumbledore-

Monday, November 1, 2010

Opening Post

Hello everyone!

It's rather early in the morning and I've yet to fall asleep. Before I do however I just want to jot down why I decided to start this blog in the first place. I recently purchased a book called The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook by Dinah Bucholz, with hopes to be a little like Julie Powell in Julie & Julia. I want to cook my way through this book. Although, to make things easier for myself I've decided not to set a deadline. It gives me more freedom that way. Looks as though the first recipe to try is English Fried Eggs w/ Bacon. I don't even like eggs, but this recipe says for the bacon fat to be reused in the frying of the eggs so that should taste rather good, I hope. I don't think I've ever actually cooked an egg in my entire life. This'll be quite an experience.

I'd better get myself to sleep so I can be ready cook up a delicious English breakfast for myself in a few hours. Mmm bacon, perhaps with a little English tea to round off the meal. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment